Julie Anne Divis
Junior Auxiliary Member
Chester Hose Company Auxiliary "Every community is built on a strong foundation of voluntary service by dedicated individuals. The Chester Hose Company Auxiliary strives to provide a network of support for the Chester Hose Company and the Chester community."
The Chester Hose Company Auxiliary is pleased to announce that they have awarded their 2017 scholarship to two recipients this year. Congratulations to Melissa Howley of Old Saybrook and Mihir Khunte of Higganum.
Howley is a graduating senior at Old Saybrook High School in Old Saybrook, while Khunte is a graduating senior at Xavier High School in Middletown. Melissa will be attending Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT in the fall as an undecided freshman, while Mihir will pursue a career in the Biomedical Engineering field from Yale University in New Haven, CT.
The Chester Hose Company Auxiliary as well as the department members would like to congratulate both students on their hard work and dedication to the communities they serve in and wish them continued success in the future.
Melissa Howley listens to Auxiliary member Karen Graham present her scholarship award on behalf of the Chester Hose Company Auxiliary at the Old Saybrook High School Senior Awards Ceremony on June 1, 2017 (photo courtesy of Denise Sypher)
Mihir Khunte (r) receieved his scholarship award from Deb Calamari (l) & Charlene Janecek (middle) on June 7, 2017 prior to the June Chester Hose Company monthly meeting with Auxiliary members present. Xavier High School graduated on May 21st and does not have an awards ceremony for their recipients, rather just lists them in the Graduation program.
(photo courtesy of Karen Graham)
Chester Hose Company Auxiliary
Educational Scholarship 2016-2017
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $500.00
The Chester Hose Company Auxiliary is again offering a scholarship for a graduating high school senior or a graduate of an accredited high school enrolled in college full-time seeking a higher education.
- All applicants: One letter from an adult citizen other than a relative attesting to the applicant’s character in regard to conduct, community participation, and leadership. These people can be from groups you belong to, neighbors, friends, employers, clergy, etc.
- If in school or graduated within the past two years: One letter from either the principal, guidance counselor or teacher of the school the applicant is attending or a graduate of.
- If out of school more than two years and employed: One letter from your current employer or supervisor
- Letter from the school/program stating you are currently enrolled full-time
- Proof of payment for full-time status
- Proof of payment towards required supplies toward program (i.e.: uniforms, tools of the trade, etc)
- Proof of room and board deposit
- Any applicant in their senior year of high school may have priority over other candidates.
- If there are two (2) qualified applicants in the same year, the committee reserves the right to split the scholarship.
Completed applications should be mailed or delivered in a sealed envelope to:
Chester Hose Company Auxiliary Scholarship Recipients